ITEC Dipoma in Hairdressing
ITEC Diploma in Hairdressing
ITEC is an international examination board, operating in over 38 countries worldwide offering a variety of qualifications
- ITEC qualifications are the best way to start your career in the beauty, hairdressing, complementary and sports industries. Recognised in over 35 countries worldwide; an ITEC qualification will help you wherever you choose to work. ITEC is the premier International Awarding Organisiation for qualifications in Beauty, Complementary and Sports Therapy and now the exciting new addition of Hairdressing. As a niche Awarding Organisiation they offer a variety of exciting career pathways.
- ITEC qualifications walk graduates into employment the world over, due to the rigid quality assurance and high standards underpinning the qualifications. This is a passport to an International career. ITEC currently has centres registered in over 38 countries – in areas such as Africa, The Americas, Asia Pacific and Europe, however, no matter where you study an ITEC qualification the syllabus, theoretical testing and practical assessment is always the same.
- Shampoo and Condition the Hair and Scalp
- Cut Women’s Hair
- The Art of Dressing Hair
- Colour and Lighten Hair
- Client Consultation for Hair Services
- Follow Health and Safety Practice in the Salon
- Salon Reception Duties
- Display Stock to Promote Sales in a salon
- Working in the Hair Industry
- Create an Image Based on a Theme within the Hair and Beauty Sector
- Provide Scalp Massage Services
- Working with others in the Hair and Beauty Sector
- Alongside the above mandatory modules, Face-it Studio have added the following units absolutely FREE for you:
- Bridal Hair styling
- Upstyles, Ghd curls
- Introduction to Barbering
It also aims:
• to provide skills at Level 2 for those interested in the hairdressing industry
• to provide opportunities for staff in the hairdressing industry to gain a Level 2 qualification
• to qualify learners as hairdressers at Level 2 in the hairdressing industry
• to sustain the interest of learners wanting to work in the hairdressing industry
• to encourage knowledge and understanding of the hairdressing industry at Level 2
• to provide opportunities for learners to focus on the development of the major functional skills and the wider functional skills in a hairdressing context, such as communicating with clients, working with others and problem solving
• to provide opportunities for learners to develop a range of skills, techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in employment as a hairdresser
This qualification will be internally and externally assessed using the assessment of skills
Recommended prior learning
It is recommended that candidates have achieved a level of education equivalent to five pass leaving cert, at grades A*-C prior to commencing the ITEC Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing; however, exemptions may be made for adult returners with experience of the workplace
This award qualifies graduates to operate their own salon or home visiting practice. Graduates can also gain employment in Hairdressing salons, Hotels and Liners
Relationship to National Occupational Standards (NOS)
ITEC has mapped to National Occupational Standards where they exist. ITEC has ensured that best practice in the workplace has been reflected in the syllabus. ITEC has linked the qualification to the relative job roles as well as ensuring that the syllabus reflects the required level of knowledge and ability for the hairdresser at Level 2.
Alongside your attendence at school, you will be required to complete additional 5 hours weekly at home study and practice, these hours make up your total hours of work.
Professional body membership and insurance
World Federation of Hairdressers
National Hairdressers Federation
Extra charges for the student:
A full hairdressing kit is required, we can get this for you or you can get it yourself. If you are providing your own kit, the college will have to approve the content.
Cost of full kit is €300 approx
Hairdressing Text Book TBD
Uniform will cost approx €60.
Duration: Diploma in Hairdressing runs two days per week for 10 months.
Next course date: September 2013 to Late May 2014
Entry is interview based.
Fees: ITEC Diploma in Hairdressing €5550. Payment schedule €550 to book your place, €1700 on the first day of course, €1700 due by 30th November, €1600 due by January 30th
Classes are kept small to ensure quality training.
Each student is given one on one time with the tutor, to ensure complete understanding of all areas.
All students will be obliged to take out student insurance, which will cover them to work on colleagues, models provided by the college or on family and friends at home. This is a moderate cost of approx €30 to €40.
For more indepth details and to arrange and interview please contact us